Sunday 29 April 2012

Two dressers. One inappropriately and one appropriately dressed.


Well. This delightful weather isn't letting up just yet. Mind you, I read in the weather forecast, that tomorrow should see temperatures around 18 degrees! Keeps us on our toes, I suppose.

This wild and windy weather didn't stop me and a friend braving our Sunday run at 8am this morning,  with hindsight, inappropriately dressed for the challenge. Strangely, other runners were conspicuous by their absence! Can't think why. I was positively drenched by the time I got home. I should really have posted a picture of my hair, both post run and once I had tried to tame it in the shower! Neither style was a good look. 'Wild' just about sums it up! I then had a conversation with my hub about mad hairstyles and he compared mine to Anita Dobson (Angie Watts hair), Brian May and Crystal Tipps! Great. Thanks for that!  

Raring to go, post run, I couldn't wait to re-assemble and dress a dresser which I have spent the weekend painting. My intention was to wait for better weather. I couldn't. It's not coming.

So. Here it is with before and after shots. I hope you like the result as much as I do.

I added a short string of bunting at the last minute, firstly because I thought it looked quite pretty, and secondly to showcase the bunting which was a recent Waitrose purchase. It's a 4m run of paper (card) bunting and is now on offer for £3.75 (down from £5). If you like bunting (I tend to stockpile it in a cupboard for parties etc), then order/buy some. It is such a pretty design.





2 comments:

  1. I love it Lottie - good job !
    Love how you have decorated it too with your bits and pieces. I shall keep an eye out for that bunting :)

    Joanne
    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely.... But are your drawers as neat???!!

    ReplyDelete