Wednesday 3 April 2013

My new cleaner and an organised shoe cupboard.


I'm not normally one for posting pictures of my children on my blog but this made me smile so I have gone against my principals on this one occasion!

Meet my new cleaner! Aged 3 1/2. Nothing like a bit of hoovering in your socks and pants! As a reward for his help with the housework I said he could choose a dinner of his choice. I know to many this may not sound like much of a reward for a small child. Chocolate? Chips? Sausages? Oh no. He asked for "smoked salmon and scrambled egg on a lightly toasted bagel"!!

He has acquired a taste for smoked salmon and duck and orange pate of late! I think he will need to hoover more often if he thinks that will be a regular thing!



I finally finished the shoe cupboard I'd posted about. The result, as you can see from before and after, is an altogether more organised affair even though I slightly underestimated how many pairs of shoes and boots I have actually amassed over the years! I may need to extend the shelving upwards! I had intended to undergo a shoe cull when putting the shoes from boxes into new storage...but I only managed to part with one pair! I even convinced myself that my beautiful Dune wedding shoes could easily be professionally dyed and worn! Back in they went. Hopeless!

The Ikea shoe storage boxes are brilliant, for anyone who may want decent shoe storage. They are rigid enough to be stackable and at £9 for 4 boxes, pretty good value.

My next project was going to be ditching curtains for Roman blinds in living rooms and bedrooms, however, rather frustratingly, but unsurprising given our house is so old, no ready made blinds on the market are the right size for our frames and I'm not sure I want to stretch to made to measure! I may have to dust down the sewing machine.......







4 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea for the shoes.I really need to organise my wardrobes and create more storage space.
    Love your little cleaner!! My youngest grandson has his own toy cleaning trolley and helps his mum when she does her housework.As yet he hasnt developed a taste for smoked salmon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no doubt about it...a good old sort out feels really good from time to time! I can really see why these de-cluttering 'experts' that are the latest must-employ are cashing in, though why people feel the need to pay presumably huge sums for someone to do it for them is slightly beyond me, I have to say...but then I'm just an old cynic!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I asked him and he said "Yes....88p please"!

      Delete